Holistic Health is actually an approach to life.
Rather than focusing on illness or specific parts of the body, this ancient approach to health considers the whole person and how he or she interacts with his or her environment. It emphasizes the connection of mind, body, and spirit.
Lifestyle = A way of life.
It is important to remember that your life is a whole and interconnected, daily routine, job, diet exercise, these and many other factors influence your health.
From a Chinese Medicine point of view it is extremely important to find the balance between work,rest and play.
Here are some simple lifestyle guidelines for good health:
- “Early too bed ,early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise!”
Get enough rest. Pushing yourself eventually wears the body down and places strain on your heart and other vital organs, which creates a fertile ground for disease.
- Get enough exercise daily.
- Eat regularly, making sure supper is a light meal.
- Wherever possible eat fresh,natural food. Minimise or avoid the use of stimulants.
- Manage stress, experts say 70% of all health problems are caused,or complicated by stress.
Find time for yourself to switch off, time for relaxation or time out doing something you enjoy.. Maybe treat and pamper yourself by booking a relaxing treatment.
- Look after yourself “ An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!”
- Do something you enjoy doing every day!
- Be Happy! Make a conscious choice to be as happy as you can